Thursday 5 June 2008

Brown Parts With Manager

Rapper FOXY BROWN has parted ways with her manager CHAZ WILLIAMS, accusing him of compiling her new album "without her approval" during her time in jail.
The star - real name Inga Marchand - was sent to prison in September last year (07) for violating her probation, stemming from a 2006 assault conviction for attacking two manicurists in 2004. She was released from New York's Rikers Prison last month (Apr08).
Marchand claims she had no control over the content of Brooklyn Don Diva which was compiled during her eight-month spell behind bars and is due for release next month (Jun08).
And she blames Williams for going ahead with the LP without her and has decided to terminate their working relationship. She insists she would normally have filed legal action but her recent legal woes have put her off spending any more time in court.
She tells Allhiphop.com, "I heard this CD in its entirety for the first time just days ago and was devastated. Riddled with grief over an album that was seemingly so carelessly orchestrated, I sat down with the president of Koch (records) to come to a decision on how to make the best of this situation.
"In another phase of my life and career, I would have dealt with this situation with litigation, but for the benefit of my fans and in the wake of the profound spiritual cleansing I recently underwent in prison, I made the decision to settle our creative differences amicably. My fans have waited seven years for an in-store release and deserve my very best."
Following Marchand's release from prison she was sentenced to three years probation after pleading guilty to attacking a woman with her cellphone last year (Jul07).