Saturday 14 June 2008

Marky Mark Not Joining NKOTB






New Kids On The Block may be reuniting but dont expect Mark Wahlberg to reprise his Marky Mark persona.

"Are you kidding? No, I won't be jumping on stage with my brother!" he said, while promoting his horror movie 'The Happening'. "Better them than me. I talked to my brother about it and said, What are you doing? Are you crazy? But he's weighed out all the pros and cons. He's a super talented guy, especially when it comes to music and producing so he thinks that he can make it work. I wish him the best."

For those who don't remember, Marky Mark's claim to fame, apart from his association with New Kids On The Block, was his career as a Calvin Klein underwear model, where he was notorious for dropping his dacks(!), and in his own band Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch.

And what does he remember about his funky bunch days? "When I toured with NKOTB, those guys were scared of me because I had just gotten out of jail," he recalls, laughing. "But we had a lot of fun in those days. I just don't want to repeat them."

Wahlberg's film 'The Happening' hits cinemas this week. Check out these Marky Mark flashbacks... just for funsies...

Marky Mark special



Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations








See Also